Corporate History

Corporate History

January 1955 Wada Chemicals established in Taito-ku, Tokyo with capital of 2 million yen
Commenced manufacture of polyethylene film
April 1956 Komatsugawa plant constructed in Edogawa-ku, Tokyo
October 1960 Commenced manufacture of laminate film
October 1963 Nagoya sales office and plant established
December 1964 Chiba plant constructed in Yachiodai, Chiba; Komatsugawa plant operations relocated to Chiba plant Sales offices and plants in Shizuoka, Nagano, Sendai, and Morioka established
April 1981 Joined the Mitsubishi Petrochemicals Group
May 1986 Narita plant in Katori, Chiba constructed; Chiba plant operations relocated to Narita plant
October 1994 Joined Mitsubishi Chemicals Group following merger between Mitsubishi Petrochemicals and Mitsubishi Kasei Corporation
January 2002 Trading name changed to J-Film Corporation following three-way merger between subsidiary of Japan Polychem Corporation, Wada Chemicals, and Daiya Plastics, and Ryohan Packaging Systems
December 2005 Operations at second Narita plant officially started
May 2006 Completed acquisition of Toen Chemicals
April 2012 Jointed to Mitsubishi Plastics Incorporation
as consolidated subsidiary
Top of page